Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Memory

Another Memory
by gunner

I have many, many memories of fishing trips I have been on over the years. Some have been exciting, some humbling and some funny. Most of these have been involved with my good friend Dave. He and I are not brothers, but might as well be.

Other than my grandfather, most of my fishing has / is with Dave. We have been in many tourney’s together, fished in snow storms, thunder storms and been burnt like lobsters. There has been times that others have went with us for all night catfishing trips, and some that went bass fishing with us. I have seen two poles brake just from his casting and I have seen him land a 7 ½ pound smallmouth bass out of the Ohio River at night from the bank while we were catfishing. (Which I still say to this day say was my fish!)

We have caught many, many things on the Ohio River. One of the stranger things: 3:am only a quarter of the moon out, and we are fighting the biggest thing we ever caught on the river! Drag was ripping off the reel, line was going everywhere in the water. Pole would bend then bend more… then go back to normal, then bend again… this went on for over 30 mins…. We would reel and look like we were gaining on it and then RIPPPPPPP more drag… the current was strong that night which was working against us. (More than we knew) We took turns on the reel trying to get this what we were sure was a 100 pound or more fish. Then about the 40 mins mark it started coming in easy…

I grabbed the mag light and shined it on the water waiting to see this monster! We had fought this and won!! Then we both got a BIG surprise… Up it came… we saw the head first, the light was shining bright on the blonde hair! It was a woman! Not just any woman but one of the blow up dolls. Which we found out after we got it closer to shore. Someone let her air out and threw her in the water… Now I tell you, after what we went through that was a shock…. We sat there for a minute and then just packed up and went home… Fishing that night was over

More memories on the way!
gunner

No comments: