Sunday, January 25, 2009

Others... on the water

Others on the water
by gunner

Anyone that has fished from a boat most likely has had to deal with the “others on the water”…

At a lake that is 5 minutes from my home, it is unlimited horsepower, well unlimited anything really. What I am talking about is you get to your favorite spot, cut the motor and drop the trolling motor and just quietly glide over…. You get your favorite rod and reel and bait… You stand up ready to cast and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM a jet skier flies by in between you and your favorite spot.

Now I am not a man of violence but “IF” my crankbait happens to hook on their life vest… well… I don’t think they would be doing that anymore! Now no I would not aim and try to do that on purpose but I swear it is only a matter of time before it happens to me or one of my fishing partners… We have no wake zones and speed zones.. what is wrong with Jet Ski zone only area’s? Something to help control this increasing problem… Any suggestions?

This lake has sailboats, bass boats, cabin cruisers, Jet Ski’s everything and anything that will float is on this lake in the summer.

My point is this, if a jet skier was sitting about 20 yards or so out from the shore and we flew by in a bass boat, the rangers would have a field day writing us up.
Now I know we ALL are out on the water to have fun and relax but come on you jet skiers…. Be careful! The life you save might be your own… Somewhere out there is a bass tourney going on and a guy is close to winning and this will happen to him… and those guys MIGHT be as nice as I try to be!

Be careful on the water everyone!
gunner

No comments: